Askrigg Church 1854 before restoration
- Askrigg Church circa 1893
Askrigg is in the Richmond division of the Riding, wapentake and Petty Sessional Division of Hang West, Union of Aysgarth, Highway District of Askrigg, County Court District of Leyburn, Rural Deanery of West Catterick, Archdeaconry of Richmond and Diocese of Ripon.
The church of St. Oswald, erected about 1466, is a building of stone in the Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, south porch and an embattled western tower with pinnacles containing a clock and 6 bells.
In the south aisle of the church is a chantry dedicated to St. Anne, and formerly the property of the Metcalfe family of Nappa, several of whom are buried here.
- There are 520 sittings.
- The register dates from the year 1701.
The living is a vicarage, net yearly value £146 including 13 acres of glebe, in the gift of the vicar of Aysgarth, and held since 1906 by the Rev. Frederick Morris Symonds Squibb MA of Pembroke College Oxford, perpetual curate of Stalling-Busk and chaplain of Aysgarth Union. The tithe, amounting to £84, belongs to Trinity College Cambridge. Ford in April, 1876.
There are both Wesleyan Methodist and Primitive Methodist chapels in Askrigg.