Lemon Drizzle cake
by Marjorie Goodwin from Wakefield
- 6oz self-raising flour
- 4oz margerine
- 4oz castor sugar
- 4 fluid oz milk
- 2 eggs
- finely grated rind of a lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 6oz sugar
- Mix together
- Cream margerine and sugar together till light and fluffy.
- Mix eggs, milk and grated lemon rind together
- Add the flour and the liquid alternately to the creamed mixture
- Line a 1lb loaf tin with greaseproof paper
- Put cake mixture in tin and bake in a pre-heated oven 350/375f or 180/190c, (10 degrees less in a fan oven) for about an hour.
- When cake is cooked remove from oven and while still warm, pour the lemon and sugar mix over the cake and allow to cool.
Can use orange instead of lemon