Potato Pastry Case
- 1lb Potatoes
- 2oz. Self-raising flour
- 2oz butter or sunflower margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of grated parmesan cheese. (the one in a packet will do just fine)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cook the potatoes
- Mash and cream the potatoes with the butter, add egg, salt and freshly ground pepper. Cool.
- Sift the self-raising flour into the potato mixture, stir in the parmesan cheese then mould the mixture into a flan dish as you would line a dish with pastry.
- 1½ lb of fresh spinach
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of double cream
- Freshly grated nutmeg to taste.
- Blanch chopped spinach in boiling water.
- Drain and add beaten eggs, cream and nutmeg.
- Pour mixture into potato pastry case.
- Cook @ Gas 5, 190C, or 170C fan oven for 30-35 minutes.