Christmas Carols in the Dales
A choir will set out to bring Victorian Christmas magic to the Dales with a series of concerts and carol singing sessions.
The Harp Singers will give performances in Coverdale, Swaledale and Wensleydale, with the highlight of their tour at a Charity Carols by Candlelight evening at the:
- Bolton Arms, Leyburn,
- Wednesday, December 21st at 7.30pm.
- Tickets are £6, including two glasses of wine and mince pies, and are available from the Bolton Arms or by calling 01969 663738.
The singers dress in Victorian costumes and carry lighted candles. They perform a varied repertoire of Christmas music and readings, under the baton of conductor, Roger Ohr.
There will also be carols for the audience to join in.
Money raised at the Leyburn concert will go to Downside Up, a charity started by an english couple in Moscow, who run a day centre for more than 600 children with Down’s Syndrome.
The couple heard that babies with the condition were put into institutions, where about 50% died before their first birthday.
Sunday, December 11th,
Saturday, December 17th
- Brentwood Elderly People’s Home 2pm;
- Co-op supermarket, Leyburn 3pm.
- Wensleydale Railway, Leeming Bar, 10.30am